Monday, 20 October / The Smoothie

The annual illness has arrived. Though only in its malicious preliminary stages, I have surrendered to the throat, head and stomach pain all at once (because obviously one symptom was too generous). 

I'd love to throw at you a healthy, delicious and even nutritious recipe to aid you in the quest to a speedy recovery. Instead, all I need is a smoothie with taste. It's that kinda flu where your tastebuds malfunction and instead of eating lettuce until you recover (as you can't taste anything anyway), you choose the comfort option: carbs, calories and comfort. mmmm. 

I am no nutritionist. I leave that to my über healthy flatmate (turning to her on the days my love handles get the better of my reach for the butter). I do, however, have a smoothie recipe which may not detox the bod, but will ensure a tasty treat for your bed bound days. Oh, and it must be easy because I've converted my dad to making it too!

RECIPE:

1 BANANA (note this tastes even scrummier with 4 strawberries plopped in but I'm a poor student)
1 CUP UNSWEETENED SOYA MILK
HANDFUL PORRIDGE OATS
1 TEASPOON HONEY
CINNAMON (any amount of your choice, I go for 1 tsp)

Blend together in any equipment of your choice (I chose my blender based on the fact that James Martin's face was sprawled across the box, Saturday Kitchen anyone?). This suggests any blender will do...




Slurp it up and enjoy, I'm off to bathe in Kleenex and self pity.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Followers

© FROM RACHEL JANE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig