Sunday, 9 August / LOVES, LONGINGS & AN APOLOGY


Long time no see! I've seen a number of blogposts apologising for absence, though usually this accommodates a certainty that there is a vast audience logging in each day praying to see a new post. Given that this blog exists as an outlet for testing out fancy words and awkward posing, I figure there's no one to apologise to. In the event that someone else is reading this besides my mother, my 'absence' is owing to my current 3 month internship and a preoccuption with starting Slimming World and managing to eat more chocolate than ever before (nothing inspires a Magnum ice cream binge more than someone telling you that creme fraiche and a toffee yoghurt will satisfy sweet cravings - my chocolate edged mouth begs to differ). Alas my long-awaited return (ahem) begins, and I re-enter the blogisphere with a compilation of some stuff I'm loving - this includes bits and bobs from my wishlist that I still can't afford, despite entering the working world, that I bloody wish I could. Let's call it 'loves and longings', because if I don't have a way with words after a 3 year degree in English then what do I have (... a Slimming World magnet ironically placed on my fridge).

Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour in 'Adrienne' - I went to check out MAC 'Faux' when shopping recently and was a little disappointed with the 'dupable' nature of it (Rimmel's Kate Moss collection has a few similar nude mauve shades). Having read decent reviews of these Chanel lipsticks, I swatched a few and left my shopping trip obsessed with shade 402 -  Adrienne. with enough shine to glide on the lips and freshen a makeup look, combined with a gentle nude beige tone, this lipstick is my new everything. Or it will be, if I can ever justify £25 on a lippy...

Clarins Radiance Glow Booster -  This is something I've been desperate to try for a long time. A few drops of this is my moisturiser and my pale face sort of matches my tanned-ish bod (2 weeks in Portugal and 3 more freckles to show for it). I was tempted to buy this on the plane by its tax-free price tag. Add Jet2's extra 20% off and this baby was mine. I'm now glowing my way through writing this and debating dripping the stuff all over my sunburnt limbs.

Nina Ricci Perfume - There's something about the duty free section of an airport that feels almost like a limbo, a purgatory in which money isn't real and everything is shiny and appealing. With every turn you'll hear phrases such as 'well if you want it you'll never get it this cheap anywhere else'... GIVE IT TO ME. That is how Nina, my first ever perfume 5 years ago, re-entered my life. I'm now smelling sweet, if slightly sickly, and can confirm after checking my account, duty free money is very much real, just like my debt. 

House of Sunny Ribbed Crop Top - I've been eyeing this little number up since discovering the brand a few months back, when it was selling at full price. Now it's  reduced, it may be time to utilise the last of my student loan before accepting my new title as a graduate. The structure of this crop top would add emphasis to any outfit, it screams quality and... well i don't want to tempt you anymore incase they sell out.

'Eyes Shut' Years and Years - Everyone and their granny will have heard this by now but, given that I've never owned an iPod or Spotify and still frequently mistake band names with song names (anyone heard Foxes by Bodytalk? *silence*), I'm bragging about liking this one. Anyway, branching from Michael Bublé and musical soundtracks, my little sister shared her headphones with me en route to Portugal and I was welcomed to a world of adolescent angst and painfully cool-ness, oh and Years and Years. This is my new favourite song for sure, so give it a listen (or a re-listen if you're a 21 year old with a normal taste in music).

Well that concludes my latest short-story list. Back from my holiday, suffering with major blues and comfort eating my way through a bowl of raisins (HA, sure), I pledge to post more often. Until next time!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Followers

© FROM RACHEL JANE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig