Tuesday, 26 May / Skincare Essentials: Dr. Organic


I am forever in turmoil over the radically spontaneous nature of my skin. The fortnightly tease of a 'good skin day' is overruled by acne, oil and hyper pigmentation on more frequent occasion. Having checked my way through a medical shopping list of various gels, creams and tablets, I came to the devastating realisation that perhaps what was going onto my face wasn't causing what was going on on my face. So, along with attempting to reduce dairy ever so slightly (and failing, god dam you Whittard's hot chocolate), altering my contraceptive choice, and becoming an obsessive cleanser, I decided to look further into my skincare measures to solve the problem of 'problem skin'. 

My long-enduring best friend, flatmate and life advisor introduced me to Dr. Organic skincare back in second year of university, no doubt after enduring my latest rant over stressed-out skin and an inability to buy cheap, own-brand mozzarella in our local Tesco. We scurried into Holland and Barrett after a lengthy (ahem) gym session and in that moment, she converted me to a brand who take pride in utilising 'natural and organic raw materials'.  I began with using the Tea Tree soap as a cleanser, following the removal of my makeup. I've always taken immense pleasure in the simplicity of a bar of soap; transported with ease, looks fancy by the sink and takes a few minutes to soak the face before left feeling fresh. However, standard soaps can often leave the skin feeling dry and, in fact, overproduce oil, as they strip the natural oils from the skin. Well, my low-maintance, soapy needs have been satisfied with this little number. After removing my makeup with Bioderma, I lather this little guy into my hands and caress my face for longer than I need to, to revitalise and thoroughly remove any nastiness remaining on my sensitive skin. I can 100% say that I have noticed a huge difference in the appearance of my skin since getting personal with this soap. The soaps come in various types, from my favourite, Tea Tree, to Vitamin E and can be bought from Holland and Barrett (they often have offers on this brand, and throughout the store so take advantage!)

My love affair with the Dr doesn't end there however, as I have recently acquired his Olive Oil Day Cream.  This, along with an assortment of lip balms that appear to have finally rendered my lips acceptable for venturing outdoors (minus cracks and cuts), contribute to my opinion that this brand has truly revolutionised my skincare routine and, therefore, life. Perhaps it sounds extreme, but as a bad-skin-sufferer for almost ten years and a victim to stress-induced breakouts, it is exhausting to hunt for a helpful brand, and incredible to find one that settles these situations and uses natural ingredients. I urge you to give it a try and have fun experimenting with all Dr. Organic has to offer. Next on my list is the Snail Gel, purely for intrigue of this strange little pot of snaily goodness.



This brand has massively helped with the reduction of my acne, but I've also discovered another little gem for dealing with the aftermath: acne scars. Look out for a post coming up on that soon. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great post, I've never heard of dr. organic before, but their products definitely sound like they're worth a try! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Followers

© FROM RACHEL JANE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig