Monday, 23 February / Dressing Up in Dressing Gowns


My flatmates and I commenced a road trip to the coast on Saturday and enjoyed all things seaside-y. I saw this chilly endeavour as the perfect opportunity to dress up in my new dressing gown coat, paired with my Stan Smiths, and soon realised that this outfit is getting a little Groundhog day. The time I spend each morning carefully crafting my outfit is, somewhat, dismissed by chucking this coat over the top - sigh. Still, even if this coat is all that is visible on my freezing little bod this season, I'll be happy. It is so versatile, from day to night, with trainers to... something remotely smarter. I managed to grab this coat on Very.com for around £35, and have struggled to take it off since (and genuinely considered wearing this over my PJs on an evening... or daytime if we're being honest). As my dad would say, I haven't scheduled the operation to 'remove my new coat' yet, so expect to see it cropping up worryingly often over on my Instagram and blog. Be sure to follow @fromracheljane, if you haven't already.







COAT: http://bit.ly/1AnaY5E
TRAINERS: http://bit.ly/1D39j2p
JUMPER: http://bit.ly/1DK0Jev
BAG: http://bit.ly/17qh5Lj (similar)

On another note, though my flatmates and I genuinely contemplated staying up til 4am last night to watch the Oscars, we refrained. I woke up this morning with a Christmassy inclination as I grabbed my laptop to scroll through the winners (though mainly to choose my favourite dress of the night). If you haven't watched Eddie Redmayne's speech yet then I implore you to Youtube it, right now. I've always loved a bit of Eddie, but his Gollum-esque/precious realisation moment when holding the Oscar was potentially the cutest thing I've ever seen. Marius can do no wrong in my eyes... apart from already being married (though Hannah Bagshawe's Alexander Mcqueen was rather exquisite). My favourite looks of the night were, without doubt, Marion Cotillard (now, officially, my number 2 ultimate woman - it will take a lot to usurp Ms. Palermo), Sienna Miller and Carmen Ejogo. Unfortunately, no one in my house really cares too much about Ellie Saab or Nicole Kidman's red belt, so my Academy Award purge could only happen via my blog. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Followers

© FROM RACHEL JANE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig