Saturday, 10 January / Sales



Like most of us, I am forever hunting for a bargain. I'm also that superficial, spending-obsessed, individual who begins hunting online when recovering from eating Christmas dinner. Yep, 4 o'clock strikes on December 25th and I'm entering my (memorised) card details into various 'checkout' points on the web. 

I think the key to getting a truly 'good' deal is to plan ahead. When I'm physically shopping I'm easily sucked in by red labels and synonyms for 'reduced' but online I obide a structured shop. Make note of what you want and try not to stray from it (note: this means looking ahead on various websites to choose your garment victims - more shopping yay). I was pretty successful with this in 2014 and have managed to grab myself an Acne-esque scarf from good old HM, at, possibly, a tenth of the price?! I then betrayed my own advice and entered the realm of all evil: a shopping centre. 

We moan, complain, push/shove our way through the treacherous battle of individual shops but all for a good cause: draining bank accounts and expanding wardrobes. It's highly bittersweet but returning home with an abundance of glossy bags and displaying my goods in front of me, the trauma is forgotten (maybe once I'm back snuggled on the sofa with a coffee). 

This year was a good'un for me, as my one true love was very much on point: Zara. I can usually tell when entering the shop if I'm going to be successful, of course, in the sales, I'm sprinting in too fast to take note. 

This jumper is probably my favourite purchase so far. It was one of those 'tag has been removed, no idea how much it is, take it to the till and hope for the best' jobs and it sure didn't disappoint. My extensive knitwear collection has definitely gone too far now, but, so long as its cold I'll be tucked in my turtle necks (praise British weather for allowing the obsession to continue until July).






So with a bit more monochrome, a necessary candle (because obviously I need another), some dainty jewellery and even more monochrome, my shopping was a success. Throw in a pit stop at Gourmet Burger Kitchen and the day was actually... fun? 

A few weeks ago I would have wished you luck with your own shopping missions. Warned you to pack deodorant, a drink and a taser (just incase). Things have mellowed down now but the sale is still providing the goods so be sure to not miss out - now that the insane bargain hunters have entered hibernation until next boxing day.

Til next time!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Followers

© FROM RACHEL JANE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig